Below are some resources we found helpful…
Books pertaining to sustainable, local food culture:
- Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver
- Omnivore’s Dilemma by Michael Pollen
- Seeds of Deception by Jeffrey M. Smith
- Untold Story of Milk by Ron Schmid ND
- Everything I want to do is illegal by Joel Salatin
- Mad Sheep by Linda Faillace
- Night Came to the Farmers of the Great Plains by Raymond D. North
- Slow Food Nation by Carlo Petrini
“Food Inc.” by documentary filmmaker Robert Kenner
Cookbooks: Grass-fed meats cook differently!
- Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon
- The Grass-fed Gourmet by Shannon Hayes
- River Cottage Meat Book by Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall
- Farmer & the Grill by Shannon Hayes
Organizations we belong to:
Slow Foods, USAwww.SlowFoodUSA.org
Slow Food USA envisions a future forhealthylives.com/product/maxalt/ food system that is based on the principles of high quality and taste, environmental sustainability, and social justice – in essence, a food system that is good, clean and fair.
The Pennsylvania Association for Sustainable Agriculture (PASA) is a nonprofit organization working to improve the economic prosperity, environmental soundness and social propriety of Pennsylvania food and agricultural systems. We work with farmers who grow our food, consumers who eat the food, and those concerned with the ecological wellbeing of our environment and natural resources, among many other interest groups.